Sir Edmund Hillary: Beyond Everest
Over a 40 year period, Sir Edmund and his teams, working together with the local people have built 30 schools, 2 hospitals, many health clinics, bridges, and two airstrips in the Everest region. In 1999, Michael filmed Sir Edmund’s work in the Solu Khumbu in action.
Awards for Sir Edmund Hillary: Beyond Everest
- Himalaya Award for Best Human Adventure Film, Calcutta International Adventure Film Festival, India 2000
- Best Film on Mountain Culture, Poprad International Mountain Film Festival, Slovakia 2000
- Best Film on Mountain Culture: Trento International Mountain Film Festival, Italy 2001
- Best Film on Mountain Culture: Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival, Canada 2001.
Filmed, written & directed by Michael Dillon. Edited by David Stiven. Music by David Skinner. Length 55 mins
Hillary Films by Michael Dillon:
- From the Ocean to the Sky, 1977
- Beyond Everest, 1980
- Return to Everest: Edmund Hillary, 1983
- Journey to the Dawning of the Day, 1983
- India, A Personal Encounter, 1986
- Sir Edmund Hillary: Beyond Everest, 1999
- Hillary: Ocean to Sky, 2019